Author Topic: Fake Fingernail spoon flies  (Read 778 times)

curtis bias

Fake Fingernail spoon flies
« on: June 28, 2012, 08:20:17 PM »
I spotted this on another forum and thought I would share the link. A buddy of mine from Missourri is using a glow-in-the-dark fingernail polish he picked up at halloween time to paint the fingernails for night fishing so they glow and he can see them. He says they work like a charm. http://www.ncangler.com/forums/threads/28787-Finger-Nail-Spoon-Fly

The simple version of the tie is to use super-glue to adhere the fake fingernail to the hook. Then you flip the thing over so the hook is facing up and drop in some epoxy to really affix the fingernail to the hook. Once dry, you can put the hook in the vise and paint it however you like. If you really want a tail and weed guard you can do that too, but I don't think it is necessary. I'm going to make a couple of these and see how the fish like them. I haven't tested them yet.
<o)))><

blufloyd

• Warmwater Fanatic
Re: Fake Fingernail spoon flies
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 01:03:31 AM »
Happy Halloween.  I need to get cranking on these and using up my glow polish before the next hatch of shining bottles happens....
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

alterchristopher

• Hello
Re: Fake Fingernail spoon flies
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 04:49:53 PM »
Awesome idea time raid the wife's stuff again to the fly bench
In the slop making the trout guys cry