Author Topic: Bedding bream with lockjaw  (Read 479 times)

Kirk Dietrich

• Warmwater Fanatic
Bedding bream with lockjaw
« on: August 19, 2011, 10:16:27 AM »
Man, I remember days when bream were bedding, anything that came nearby would get attacked. Well, this last week, I hit City Park and there are bluegill and cichlids all over the front lagoons off of City Park Ave but only a few will eat. They are circling over beds and follow flies but only a few will eat. I'm trying all sorts of flies too.
The bass are tough to get to take a fly but at least they are kind of active. I've caught a few.
What's up with that!?

Kirk

greenlantern

Re: Bedding bream with lockjaw
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 01:33:19 PM »
If your locale is like most this year it's just too darn hot. Most people don't get very hungry in this weather, and I imagine fish are the same.
Fish with kids, it keeps you humble.
Wichita, Kansas

blufloyd

• Warmwater Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 04:00:31 PM »
Toss a black bead head anything in the bed, wait till the fish grabs it set hook.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Jimmy Mayeux

• Global Moderator
  • Warmwater Fanatic
    • Bream Bug
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 04:33:25 AM »
Kirk,
Seems like city park has turned off. The only people I see doing any good are the bait fishermen and even they are having a tough time with it. Following the fly seems to be the trend there lately, especially the cichlids. You might want to try Lafreniere Park. The gills seem to be more cooperative there. And I've heard of a few people catching some rio's and bass.

Jimmy
Fly fishing keeps my bank account from uncontrolled growth.
www.Breambug.com
www.cajunflyfisher.blogspot.com